“China is becoming an urban country. That’s creating challenges that demand really creative, strategic thinking and strong partnerships – and it makes this a genuinely exciting time to be in design.”
Chong is based in our Shanghai studio, where she’s been instrumental in our urban design and public realm work in China for the past decade.
She has a background in both architecture and urbanism, as well as a particular expertise in urban development strategies and large-scale urban public spaces.
Fluent in Mandarin and English and conversant in Cantonese, Chong has also worked in the Netherlands and Ireland – and she brings a fresh, global perspective to everything she does.
Known as a generous collaborator, on any given day you might find her explaining design language to clients or inspiring multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects.
Actively involved in both the practice and academia, Chong has tutored and lectured in Shanghai and at University College Dublin.
- Huangpu East Bank Urban Forest, Shanghai, China
- Panda Land Master Plan, Chengdu, China
- Xinqiao Open Source City, Xinqiao District, Shenzhen, China
- Bao’an Airport Landscape Upgrade, Shenzhen, China
- Hefei Central Park, Hefei, China
- Beijing Sub Center CBD Urban Design, Tongzhou, China