“Design that draws on different viewpoints – from clients, brand experts, horticulturalists, community members – makes for more interesting places and more enriching experiences for people.”
Jon is one of our most experienced public realm and landscape architecture professionals. Based in the Sydney studio, Jon is also a prolific writer, regularly sharing his insights on how great design, planting design and access to nature enriches our lives.
Over the past 20 years, Jon has guided projects from the broad, strategic thinking phase through to detailed resolution and successful delivery.
Jon was instrumental in establishing Hassell in the United Kingdom, leading award-winning projects including the revitalising of Croydon High Street in London.
Jon’s work fits seamlessly into its surrounding natural environment and urban context while also sparking conversations with imaginative details.
This approach is clear on his latest project – the burgeoning redevelopment of Melbourne’s much-loved arts precinct.
- Melbourne Arts Precinct, Melbourne, Australia
- Huangpu East Bank Urban Forest, Shanghai, China
- City North Streetscapes and Spaces, Sydney, Australia
- Seunsangga City Walk, Seoul, Korea
- Central Barangaroo, Sydney, Australia
- Croydon South End High Street, Croydon, UK
- Cronton Colliery, Knowsley, UK
- District Des Veoux, Hong Kong, China
- Glasshouse Gardens, International Quarter, London, UK