“I really value the deep relationships I build with clients. That’s the foundation for innovation – testing ideas together, sharing what we learn and coming up with a design people will love.”
An international leader in education and science architecture, Mark is an analytical thinker and detail-oriented designer who’s trusted and valued by partners, colleagues and clients.
He’s adept at steering these groups through the briefing and design process on large, complex projects, ultimately developing exceptional, future-proofed places that draw people in – and keep them coming back.
Mark is also a recognised leader in lab design, with work like the Ecosciences Precinct in Brisbane, Australia in his extensive portfolio. With more than 50,000sqm of space for 1,000 scientists, this collaboration and innovation hub has earned widespread recognition – including the highest annual award for commercial architecture from the Australian Institute of Architects.
Whatever the project, Mark never leaves anything to chance. His design advice reflects a complete grasp of precedents and processes – knowledge gained through many years of hands-on experience leading successful projects.
- Electrical Engineering Building, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- The Science Place, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
- Ecosciences Precinct, Brisbane, Australia
- Global Change Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Advanced Engineering Building, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia (Hassell + Kirk)
- Australian Federal Police Forensic and Data Centre, Canberra, Australia
- QUT Creative Industries Precinct, Brisbane, Australia (Hassell + Kirk)
- Centre for Children’s Health Research, Brisbane, Australia