“The campus experience is a crucial point of difference for students today, and the way we design both formal and informal learning spaces is a big part of that.”
Lucy specialises in complex education and science facilities designed to meet the changing needs of students and rapid advances in technology. That includes leading projects such as The Science Place at James Cook University in Townsville, Australia.
She sees her work as a real privilege – a chance to work with dynamic, committed clients ready to push the limits of what design can do to spark learning, collaboration and innovation.
Whatever the nature of a space, Lucy believes in the power of close partnerships and genuine teamwork to make it exceptional. It’s about exploring and testing ideas together on the path to developing a lively, agile environment for students and staff.
A gifted communicator and focused listener, Lucy has the ability to cut straight to the heart of a client’s aspirations and business objectives.
- Business school / Welcome facility / Student village, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK
- The Science Place, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
- Australian Federal Police (AFP) Forensic & Data Centre, Canberra, Australia
- Collaborative Futures Project, University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs, Australia
- Ecosciences Precinct, Brisbane, Australia