“Designers should cut to the heart of what makes a place special or unique – and then develop a solution that really plays to those strengths.”
Ashley has more than 25 years of experience working in architecture and urban design all over the world – from Australia and Asia to the Middle East and Europe.
He started his career in Australia before moving to the UK, where he has been working on major urbanism and architectural projects worldwide.
Most recently, Ashley was the driving force behind Hassell’s winning design for a new cruise terminal in Doha as well as our concept for reimagining the railyards at Shinagawa, Tokyo.
A calming presence on projects, he is one of our Heads of Design, based in London but working across the global practice.
Ashley brings an absolute clarity of concept to the table, inspiring designers and clients alike. His extensive experience designing both single buildings and entire city master plans is central to his philosophy that there should always be a mutual empathy between city and building.
- Palermo Cruise Terminal Competition, Palermo, Italy
- Mina Rashid Masterplan, Dubai, UAE
- Middle Eastern Cruise Terminal Design Competition, Doha, Qatar
- Tokyo Railyards Redevelopment, Tokyo, Japan
- New Irish Embassy, Tokyo, Japan
- Trieste Porto Vecchio Masterplan, Italy
- London Resorts Masterplan, London, UK
- Velindre Cancer Centre, Cardiff, Wales, UK
- Infinitus Laboratory and Research Campus, Guangzhou, China