We’re on a global search for the next generation of Hassell talent for our paid interns program.
Recruiting now for paid internships in our Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Brisbane studios, commencing March 2020
To be an intern at Hassell you need to show that you’re creative, that you have a critical mind and unique design ideas. You are driven to make an impact and motivated to show us how. Through your work you demonstrate your inherent knowledge that the best design is as intelligent as it is beautiful.
We’re looking for people who want to create places that shape the future.
As a Hassell intern you get to be part of the conversation from the moment you arrive. You work on real projects across scales and sectors, and you work with designers at every level. By working in collaborative teams from architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, urban design, experience design and strategy, you’ll broaden your experience and improve the quality of your ideas through collaboration.
We offer both six and 12-month paid internships.
How to apply
We advertise throughout the year for six and 12-month paid internship positions across our studios. We don’t accept internship applications outside specific recruitment times.
When you’re putting together your application, you’ll need to include:
- An electronic version of your portfolio
- Your CV outlining as a minimum education (university/ institute, degree and year complete or anticipated completion date), nationality and languages spoken and professional experience (company name and job title)
- Your preferred locations (up to three locations)
- A letter of reference from a university lecturer or tutor, or from a work experience employer
You also need to include an assessment of your production skills and level of competency (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced) in the following programs:
- Grasshopper or Dynamo
- Physical model making
- Any other programs that would support your success at Hassell
Who can apply?
If you’re currently enrolled at university or a recent graduate, you’re eligible for our paid internship program. If you’re applying to work in a different country you’ll need to have appropriate working visas.
Just so you know what’s in store, here’s the interns hiring process:
- Applications close 20th December 2019
- We shortlist candidates and successful applicants are contacted for an interview. Due to the volume of applications, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted directly
- Interviews are conducted in person or via Skype
- Intern offers are made
- Six and 12-month internships commence globally March 2020