- First of five sites in Sydney to be delivered under the NSW Government’s Communities Plus Program
- 3,000 new homes comprising 950 social and 128 affordable rental homes – including community housing managed by Mission Australia
- A town square – supporting community gathering and events
- A diverse network of green space – opportunities to play, get active and connect with nature
- Precinct-wide sustainability measures, such as solar panels, green roofs, water-capture and reuse, car-share scheme and bicycle parking
As Australia’s biggest social and affordable housing development, Ivanhoe Estate in Sydney’s north is pioneering a new approach by blending social, private and affordable housing.
With our involvement it’s set to be an active, green and sustainable community where people want to live.
The New South Wales Government Communities Plus Program’s goal is to offer a better overall lifestyle, with more opportunities to move beyond social housing. Ivanhoe Estate at Macquarie Park combines housing plus seamless access to transport and employment, improved community facilities, welcoming open public spaces and parkland – essentials for a thriving neighbourhood.
We’re working alongside five design practices to redevelop Ivanhoe Estate, taking responsibility for the urban design and landscape architecture and aligning our approach to Aspire Consortium’s focus on making it a socially inclusive and sustainable place to live. Importantly, we’re committing to creating a 100% carbon neutral precinct.
It’s clear from first glance that Ivanhoe Estate marks a shift from the old model of social housing developments. Set against protected bushland, tree-lined streets, neighbourhood playgrounds and community gardens, public dining spaces fronting the Town Square and Village Green, and green spaces that encourage an outdoor lifestyle will set a new the benchmark.