“The best urban design solutions open up all kinds of opportunities – for more jobs, better housing, faster transport. They also strengthen the fabric of the city.”
David’s world revolves around cities and what makes them tick – the way people live and move in them and the quality of their buildings and public spaces. For him, great urban design has inclusion and resilience at its heart.
He has experience on many large-scale urban design and master planning projects across Asia, Australia and the US, including Huangpu East Bank Urban Forest in Shanghai and Resilient by Design in San Francisco.
A clever and engaging communicator, David has a flair for rallying the troops around a whole-of-city vision while still ensuring each person knows the role they play in bringing that to life.
He thrives on building those connections, bringing together different perspectives and celebrating the contributions of everyone involved in a project – large or small.
- Huangpu East Bank Urban Forest, Shanghai, China
- Resilient by Design Bay Area Challenge, San Francisco, US
- Resilient South City, San Francisco, US
- Flour Mill of Summer Hill, Sydney, Australia
- Affordable Housing Design Competition, Shenzhen, China
- Darwin City Waterfront Masterplan, Darwin, Australia