“The idea of any time, any place learning is a fascinating one. It means we have to formalise informal spaces.”
David is a key player on education and science projects in Australia and South East Asia, with 20-plus years of experience developing master plans and architecture for all kinds of teaching and learning facilities.
He’s forever looking for ways to make a campus ‘magnetic’ – somewhere people are drawn to and want to spend more time. David understands how clever design can really separate one learning environment from another.
An architect who has worked on many award-winning jobs, his most recent projects include the Prix Versailles award-winning EZONE Student Hub for the University of Western Australia in Perth.
- EZONE Student Hub, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Balcatta Senior High School Redevelopment, Perth, Australia
- Anglican School Commission Inner City Campus, Perth, Australia
- Bob Hawke College Stage 2, Perth, Australia
- Balga, North Metropolitan TAFE Redevelopment, Perth, Australia
- Edith Cowan University 2019 master plan, Perth, Australia
- WA Schools PPP Project, Architectural Advisory role to WA State Government, Perth, Australia
- Willetton Senior High School Stages 1 and 2, Perth, Australia
- New Museum for Western Australia Business Case, Perth, Australia
Double win for Hassell at Australian Institute of Architects awards
Balcatta Senior High School received top honours in the education category and ABN Group headquarters took the award for commercial architecture at this year’s Australian Institute of Architects (AIA) Western Australia awards.