“Architecture can do more than give back with space and light. It can touch the spirit with joy, serenity, and a sense of wellness.”
Alen is a place-maker and city-shaper. He works across ambitious commercial, retail, residential and well-being projects, and has built an enviable reputation for excellence leading major transport and infrastructure developments around the world.
All of Alen’s projects are about giving back to communities and to cities. As an architect, his drive for sustainable and socially responsible outcomes transforms people’s experiences of the spaces they move through – for the better.
A true globe-trotter, Alen has lived in Singapore, Hong Kong, New York and London. His 30 years of design and architecture expertise spans high profile projects across Asia, the UK, the Middle East, the USA, and Australia.
While based in Hong Kong, Alen was a key member of Foster and Partners’ team on Hong Kong’s new Chek Lap Kok International Airport then moved to Singapore to collaborate with Hassell as a Project Architect on the LTA Circle Line 870C. He has worked with GreenhillLi, WOHA, and most recently as an Executive Principal with Aedas.
Returning home to Sydney after three decades, Alen is leading our work on Sydney Metro while strengthening client collaboration across our urban transport sector.
“It is very fulfilling to be involved with infrastructure projects that succeed by serving the people who will experience them throughout their programmed design life, which typically extends to at least the next 100 years.”
- Chek Lap Kok International Airport and its Ground Transportation Centre (GTC) and Mass Rapid Transit Station, Hong Kong SAR
- Circle Line 870C – Stage 3 – four Metro stations, Land Transport Authority (LTA), Singapore
- Thompson East Coast Line – Stages A and D – nine Metro stations and depot, LTA, Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort, Singapore
- Dubai Metro and Light Rail Transit Project, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- The Met Sathorn Road, Residential Tower, Bangkok, Thailand
- Chanel – 26 international boutiques – worldwide
- Palm Beach Opera House competition, Florida, USA