“If we design spaces sensitively with integrated natural elements, it can improve outcomes for patients and make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of staff and the wider community.”
With a background in both nursing and interior design and more than 20 years working on major hospital projects, Leanne really knows her way around the healthcare sector.
She’s worked on many vital developments, including the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne and the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in London. Her extensive portfolio and experience as a health care professional have deepened her understanding of the clinical and operational needs of complex health facilities - and that insight translates into innovative, highly efficient design solutions.
Leanne is focused on expanding Hassell’s knowledge and capability within the sector, both in Australia and across our global studios. She wants to ensure our design solutions meet the changing needs of clients and communities, improving not just the quality facilities but also lives.
- Royal Melbourne Hospital Masterplan, Melbourne, Australia
- Princess Alexandra Hospital, Emergency Addiction and Mental Health Unit, Brisbane, Australia
- New Footscray Hospital PPP, Melbourne, Australia (Destravis Group)
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia (Bates Smart)
- Cabrini Health Malvern, Gandel Wing, Melbourne, Australia (DesignInc and Bates Smart)
- Thomas Embling Forensic Mental Health Master Plan and SPICU, Melbourne, Australia (DesignInc)
- Manchester Joint Hospitals PFI Project, UK, (Anshen Dyer)
- Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, Octav Botnar Wing, London, UK (Anshen Dyer)