“Part of my job is to be curious – and to make everyone else feel curious too. I want to start a conversation about all the ways design can turn a challenge into an opportunity.”
Ben is one of our heads of design at Hassell, championing our research-based process and constantly pushing for the highest quality design outcomes.
In any of our studios worldwide, you can often find him at the centre of a lively design review, challenging everyone to look beyond the obvious to get a richer, more memorable answer.
Ben has led international design competitions for projects such as Adelaide Contemporary as well as major developments like the Melbourne Arts Precinct and Tennis HQ, both in Melbourne. Before joining Hassell he also worked on world-renowned projects such as London’s Tate Modern while at international practice Herzog & de Meuron.
Recognised in the industry as an eloquent advocate for the problem-solving powers of design, Ben is a member of design panels in Victoria and South Australia.
- Melbourne Arts Precinct, Melbourne, Australia
- Abbotsford Convent Master Plan, Melbourne, Australia
- Adelaide Contemporary International Design Competition, Adelaide, Australia (Hassell + SO – IL)
- 97 Franklin Street, Melbourne, Australia
- Tennis HQ, Melbourne, Australia
- The Point, Point Nepean, Australia
- Flinders Street Station International Design Competition, Melbourne, Australia (Hassell + Herzog & de Meuron)
Proposed 97 Franklin Street by HASSELL: Melbourne, VICA 62 storey mixed used tower consisting mostly of residential and serviced apartments with comm…