“The designed experience changes the way we feel about a place. It helps us decide not only whether we’re coming back, but whether or not we want to work, travel, or play there.”
Adam is an architect and designer who’s the creative force and founder of FreeState, the pioneering experience masterplanning agency.
Based in London but working globally, Adam and his team advise some of the world’s most innovative brand-builders and city-makers – including Sony, Virgin Atlantic, MTV, MCFC, Brookfield Property, The Crown Estate and Melbourne Airport.
Adam takes a singular approach to the art and science of experience masterplanning, whether he’s working on commercial, transport or university campuses. It begins with translating the ideal experience into an ‘underlay’ for everything that follows. That ensures every touchpoint – from architecture to interiors to technology to curation to hosting – meets the needs of the audience and gives them the greatest journey.
Adam’s enthusiasm makes him an unforgettable presence in any room. He’s the kind of person who can really tell a story (not just create them). And that’s one of the reasons he’s often invited to speak at international events on the future of the industry and the dawn of the experience era.
- AMP, Employee Experience Strategy and Design Direction, Sydney, Australia
- Melbourne Airport, Traveller Experience Strategy and Design Direction, Australia
- Virgin Atlantic, T3 Experience Direction, London, UK
- The Crown Estate, Experience Vision, London, UK
- Samsung, CES Global Launch, Las Vegas, US
- Sony, Global Experience Guidelines, Worldwide