Unfolding over the weekend of 15 and 16 July 2023, BRISBANE OPEN HOUSE features four Hassell-designed projects, with the chance to:
- Take a tour of The University of Queensland Advanced Engineering Building (top left) and find out why it won 11 prestigious awards. Photography by Peter Bennetts.
- Visit The University of Queensland Student Central (top right) that has just been honoured with a Commendation in Interior Architecture and an Honorary Commendation for Social Inclusion for upholding“a new model of care for student services at UQ”. Photography by Scott Burrows.
- Explore Herston Health and Heritage Precinct (bottom left) where Stages 1 and 2 of the redevelopment received the Queensland AIA Karl Langer Award for Urban Design. Photography by Scott Burrows.
- Join us in our own Brisbane studio (bottom right) inside the historic Peters Ice Cream Factory. Photography by Hassell.
Head to Brisbane Open House for more details and the full program.
With its theme Collective City, OPEN HOUSE MELBOURNE takes place on the weekend of 29 and 30 July 2023. As two of the highlights in a packed program, attendees can:
- Tour Hassell’s award-winning workplace Seek HQ (above right) that won the 2022 AIA Award for Commercial Architecture. Photography by Peter Bennetts.
- Join us in Hassell’s Melbourne studio (above middle) where we’re busy ‘designing for togetherness and a better future’. Photography by Earl Carter.
Visit Open House Melbourne for more details and the weekend program, and explore the projects in more detail in the Related content below.
UQ Student Central
Our outside-in spaces for The University of Queensland Student Central on Yuggera and Turrbal Country in Brisbane, Australia, bring the holistic student experience into the open. Nature meets nurture where lush sub-tropical landscapes and shady spaces promote connection, inclusion and wellbeing.
Reimagining the full spectrum of student space: Hassell completes UQ Student Central
“Just as the workplace is facing rapid evolution in the post-pandemic world, so too is the university campus up for constant reinvention. With The University of Queensland Student Central (UQSC), Hassell is working in its typically multidisciplinary fashion to contribute new developments in this area… It’s a project delivery that caters for the hybrid and multiple needs of the contemporary student in the university setting.” Read the article in InDesign.
From office to oasis: green spaces can make or break the ideal office
Our latest report From Office to Oasis features in The Property Tribune. Green spaces in offices are shaping up as a key way employers are looking to help encourage workers to come back to the office. “If you want to design a green space that works, and entices people back to the office, this report provides the answers,” says Senior Researcher Dr Daniel Davis. Image: Pexels