"Great design should make a statement. It should grab people’s attention, in a positive way, making them want to experience more of it.”
Martin heads up the Hassell San Francisco studio, after a successful stint leading our commercial and workplace projects in China. The Glasgow-born architect has created award-winning work across London, San Francisco, Melbourne, Sydney and Hong Kong.
Through all that global experience, Martin has developed a knack for bringing emerging thinking and ideas from all over the world to everything he designs. So much so that we asked him to design both our Sydney and Hong Kong studios.
Martin’s infectious energy leaves colleagues and clients feeling confident and optimistic. He understands what inspires people – and his work reflects a lifetime of observing how people use space.
He has led some of our major international projects, including the Ernst & Young head office in Sydney and the Tsinghua University Innovation Building in Beijing.
- Park Avenue Central, Shanghai, China
- ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia
- Alibaba Finance, Hangzhou, China
- Tsinghua University Innovation Building, Beijing, China
- Hassell studios, Sydney and Hong Kong
- Ernst & Young Headquarters, Sydney, Australia