“Design of public places can’t be done in a bubble. It needs to engage with the people and carefully consider its impact on cities – both now and in the future.”
Harley combines big-picture thinking with a proven ability to manage the complex relationships that come with large projects.
A thoughtful, generous designer and collaborator, he believes architects have a responsibility to leave the world a better place.
Over the past 15 years, Harley has designed and developed major multi-use architecture across sectors as diverse as transport and culture. He loves sharing that knowledge with a tight-knit team, all pulling together to reach an exceptional outcome that works on many levels, for many users.
His portfolio features high-profile developments across Europe, Asia and Australia, including as a key leader for the A$11 billion Melbourne Metro Tunnel.
- Melbourne Metro, Melbourne, Australia (Hassell + WW + RSHP)
- FIinders Street Station International Design Competition, Melbourne, Australia (Hassell + Herzog & de Meuron)
- Geelong Arts Centre, Geelong, Australia
- Medibank Place, Melbourne, Australia
- The Grange Infinite Apartments, Singapore