“I grew up in Adelaide, where the Hassell name was synonymous with the city’s architectural evolution. So many of their buildings were my favourites back then – and still are today.”
Ed is an excellent all-rounder who can look at projects from many angles, drawing on his background in architecture and landscape architecture as well as his broad knowledge of construction.
He also has a way with finding workable solutions to even the toughest challenges.
Ed is the perfect lead on projects involving complex negotiations and an extensive review process. He brings patience and pragmatism to his work, and he’s excellent at communicating design possibilities to clients.
With more than a decade at the practice – first in Adelaide and now in Melbourne – Ed has been involved in many significant projects, including the renewal of Melbourne Town Hall, The Ribbon commercial development in Sydney’s Darling Harbour and the international design competition for Adelaide Contemporary.
- Melbourne Town Hall refurbishment, Melbourne Australia
- Caulfield Racecourse, Melbourne, Australia
- Geelong Performing Arts Centre Concept Plan, Geelong, Australia
- ‘The Ribbon’, Sydney, Australia
- Adelaide Contemporary International Design Competition, Adelaide, Australia
- Otter Street development, Melbourne, Australia
- Adelaide Zoo Giant Panda enclosure, Adelaide, Australia